Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Many Adventures Await Us

So the other night I made an official countdown for myself and the kids. We were all somewhat shocked to see that we still have 99 days left here in Massachusetts. After the initial disappointment, I pointed out that there was much to love about our time here. My son admitted that he loves the small townhouse because we are always near each other. My daughters both love that their artwork is covering every single piece of wall space in every single room of the townhouse. We had to stretch a bit, but we found much to be thankful for. Most of all, Hayden's healing.

We have vowed to focus on the positive and my mission is to see and do all the things we will miss once we are gone. So that means more trips to the beach (even if we are in winter coats) where our dogs can run wild and enjoy the sand and water before Memorial Day, after which they are no longer permitted.

We have the most glorious, expansive woods smack in our backyard. Yesterday after school we followed a trail further than we ever had. The stillness was absolutley beautiful; surrounded by evergreens I looked up to the sky and thanked God for that exact moment. Me, my children and my dogs ~ all healthy, happy and together.

We absolutely love strolling along the streets of this quaint New England town. In and out of all the shops, picnics on the green. What now makes our time there even better is the variety of restaurants to choose from. Prior to Hayden being allergy free we would walk past and talk about the future when he would be able to go in and eat in any restaurant. Well the time has come and let me tell you we are determined to try every place, before we move away forever.

Last night sushi was on everyone's mind. Watching the joy radiate from all of us must be a sight, we are giddy and can barely stop smiling long enough to chew our food. When will we be off this high? ....maybe never & that's fine by me, it feels amazing!

We seem to have developed a habit after dinner in town...stopping in the ice cream shop. Heck, I figure after 10 years of not having it, we have a lot of making up to do!

As we countdown our time here and relish every last second of all the "good stuff" I am reminded to not wish it away too fast. Our time here has been challenging, healing, full of heartache and triumphs, none of which I would trade for anything. It has been during this journey that I have physically and emotionally pushed myself further than I ever dreamed possible, it has been during this time that my strength as a woman, mother and wife has been put to the test. I feel privileged to have had this opportunity and I know it is preparing me for my next big challenge... Possibly something more difficult than this.

Amanda

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." Ambrose Redmoon


No comments:

Post a Comment