Friday, July 23, 2010

How Crunchy Am I?

When I tell people that we are working with an "energy healer" I can almost hear the laugh they are trying so hard to suppress. Trust me, I felt the same way until just a few months ago. I do not consider myself granola crunchy. As a matter of fact I am quite mainstream. I color my greys, love wearing makeup and keeping up with the latest fashions. I do however cook organic, believe passionately about natural childbirth, breastfeeding, not vaccinating, and prefer our "medicine" to consist of a healthy diet, plenty of exercise, natural vitamin D from sunshine, and lots of laughter. I cannot remember the last time anyone in my family has been on antibiotics. But an energy healer, that was a stretch for me.

It took very little convincing after I spoke with 20+ families whose lives had been forever changed. No more label reading, epi-pens, rides in the ambulance. I heard stories of
"normal" existence where kids no longer feared food & were able to eat the pizza and cake at birthday parties. I wanted in & NOTHING was going to stand in my way. Except the good Dr's one year waiting list! I put our name in, did not tell a living, breathing soul and waited, very impatiently. Maybe I could pay her off to get bumped up? I called 4 months later after a scary visit to the ER and pleaded with her to let us start June 1st. She obliged and I was on the phone the next day signing a lease on an apartment that I had never seen. It did not matter that I would be going from 6,000 sq ft to 1,500 with 3 kids and 2 dogs. It did not matter that my husbands job is in Colorado and he could not go with us. It did not matter that I was living the high life in an outstanding community with friends who became family.

All that did matter were the possibilities for my son's future:

Eating in restaurants
Sharing his mom's napkin
Freedom to walk onto an airplane without concern of nuts being served
Going to a friend's without packing "safe" snacks
A first kiss without fear the person had eaten something that could kill him
Ability to travel the big wide world
Pursuing any career, regardless of travel requirements
And the list goes on & on & on

BTW, Hayden's allergies are eggs, dairy, wheat, sesame, peanuts and tree nuts. All of which are class 4, 5 or 6 allergen. His RAST scores (blood tests) have not budged in 9 years and we have been told he would have these allergies for the rest of his life and they were all in the anaphylactic category. "I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!" (those were my exact words to his Dr when we last left her office) Since western medicine was offering no help I knew it was time to take a leap of faith into the alternative world of medicine. After all we had nothing to lose, only everything to gain.

Accepting her technique starts with opening one's mind. Her belief is that healing comes from desensitizing the body to the offending food. This is done on many levels, but starts with the unconscious mind. To address this we have been meditating every night before bed, posting mantras and goal charts in Hayden's room and "tapping" accupressure points on his body while repeating his mantra over & over. Our good Dr. continues to align his immune system weekly with her energy machine and magic water that supports what his body is needing. And it literally is water that she adds energy frequencies to. Introducing the food starts in minute doses and goes very slowly. I give him his serving daily at home and increase the dose every 48 hours. All I know is that my son is swallowing increasing amounts of egg without any reaction what-so-ever. That's all the proof I need!

Amanda











1 comment:

  1. Hi there !! Inspired by your story !! So happy for you and your results. Could I ask what sort of mantra you say - and which points do you tap ? Familiar with eft - similar ! Thanks again
    Steph

    ReplyDelete